If you cannot find your answers here - Please free to phone or contact us by email.
Our patented Flowtex self-draining system sets our outdoor bean bags apart from any other. Not only do outdoor bean bags need to be made from hard wearing and durable fabrics, the inner filling also requires protection from the elements.
Our unique Flowtex self-draining system incorporates 3 main features that merge to create the best outdoor bean bag available:
- Mould resistant, waterproofed fabrics that are available in both UV and non UV options to best suit your home.
- A removable and waterproofed inner bag - if any water or moisture penetrates the stitching or outer zipper, then the inner bean filling remains protected.
- An extremely heard wearing Textilene base specifically designed for outdoor use to allow water to safely drain out of the bottom of the bean bag.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Does my Bean Bag come filled?
Your Epona Co. Bean Bag comes conveniently flat packed, with filling instructions, for logistical and economic reasons. Customers within metropolitan areas are able to order Epona Co. filling in our custom Zip-and-Tip bags making the filling experience a pleasure. Customers outside the metropolitan areas are encouraged to purchase filling from department stores such as Big W, K-Mart, Target, Spotlight and other similar retailers.
What are the Bean Bags filled with?
We recommend filling your Bean Bag with Polystyrene beans/balls (commonly called beans) - this is the most commonly used filling for Bean Bags. We are currently investigating more environmentally friendly options for filling and will have them available once they become commercially viable.
- Where do I buy the filling for my Bean Bag?
- Customers within metropolitan areas are able to order Epona Co. filling in our custom Zip-and-Tip bags which make the filling experience a pleasure. Customers outside the metropolitan areas are encouraged to purchase filling from department stores such as Big W, K-Mart, Target, Spotlight and other similar retailers. These stores sell beans in 100 litre bags.
How do I fill my Bean Bag?
The easiest method to fill your Bean Bag is to half fill the inner bag first then place inside the outer shell and continue filling. Each Bag has instructions with recommended amount required for filling - this is a guide and you should fill your Bean Bag until you feel the right comfort level for you. Look us up on YouTube for instructions.
What is the benefit of a removable inner bag?
There are a few benefits to the inner bags that we use on our bean bags. Firstly it allows the outer cover to be easily removed and washed. Secondly we have found that is assists in compressing the Polystyrene beans underneath your weight which assists in shape retention as well as making a quieter bean bag (far less rustling as experienced with normal bean bags). It also provides further price of mind from a safety point of view with small children in the unlikely event of a bean bag splitting.
How do I open my Bean Bag?
Always use a paperclip. Child proof zips are incorporated with all our Bean bags on both inner and outer bags - these can be closed by hand but require a paperclip to disengage child lock to open. Details regarding this are included on our packaging, and available on YouTube.
- How do I care for my Bean Bag?
Care Instructions: To prolong the life of your product please keep clean, dry and out of direct sunlight when not in use. To clean wipe with a warm damp cloth and dry with a towel. For stubborn stains, use warm soapy water and brush in circles with a soft bristle brush. Rinse with fresh water then dry with a towel. If used in a pool area, please rinse regularly to ensure fabric is free from chemicals and salt. Do not machine wash, do not dry clean, do not iron, do not use bleach or other harsh chemicals. Please use handles provided to move product when full of beans. Please keep stored in a dry area away from sharp objects and direct sunlight.
Can I leave my Bean Bag outside?
This depends on the fabric you have purchased. Some of our bean bags are designed for outdoor use however prolonged exposure to sun will reduce the life and colour of your bean bag. To ensure your Bean Bag ages as well as you do, we suggest keeping it in a shaded area when not in use and out of direct sunlight.
Will my Bean Bag go mouldy?
Polyester is an excellent material for mould resistance and normally will inhibit mould growth. However if your bean bag experiences a lot of wet and damp weather and is not dried properly then mildew may grow on dirt or other substances found on the fabric. Bean bags should be kept clean and free from dirt and build up to help reduce this occurring.
- Can my Bean Bag go in the pool?
- Our H2O range - the Moby and Nemo are especially designed for the pool, and it is their ability to drain rapidly that optimises this. Our other premium outdoor bean bags can withstand getting wet however will not drain as freely as the bean bags designed specifically for the pool. Therefore we don't recommend them for the pool. If they do end up in the pool and water penetrates the inner bag, simply remove the inner bag and let it drain, then reinsert into the cover when dry.
My Bean Bag has got water into the inner bag, is this a problem?
No matter how the bags are made water can still penetrate through the zip and seams. If you find your inner bag has got wet for any reason - simply remove the inner bag and drain then dry in the sun. Ensure this and the outer cover is properly dry and reinsert the inner bag into the outer cover. The inner bag being made from breathable mesh allows breathability and draining.
My Bean Bag has lost some of it's shape and comfort is this normal?
Depending on how much use your bean bag gets this may happen at some point. It is caused by the Polystyrene beans slightly compressing and losing their shape - this causes the bean bag to appear under filled and can effect comfort and shape. Simply top up the bean bag with filling to a level that you deem comfortable.